MTC is a not-for-profit organisation that aspires to shape a society where everyone has the means and motivation to create a life of their choosing. We deliver high impact employment, training, and youth programs that help people gain skills for employment and entrepreneurship, build self-worth, and enable possibilities for transformative change.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Workforce Partner with previous experience in the Disability Employment Services (DES) sector to join our team.
The Workforce Partner is focused on providing ongoing support to customers and employers within the DES program to ensure sustainable employment and outcomes are realised.
If you are passionate about creating future employment opportunities for people with a disability, we would love to hear from you.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and employers, providing mentor and advice.
- Maintain progress review, identifying next steps to enable customers to move forward in their journey.
- Introduce and advise on best practice solutions and effective interventions when required.
- Provide guidance on appropriate training and co-ordinate activities around workplace diversity and creating customised employment.
To be successful in this role:
- Demonstrated experience in creating customised employment opportunities and diversity programs.
- Confident to seek opportunities for job carving, job sharing and creating opportunities that are not defined by job title
- Proven experience in job seeker service delivery and mentoring, able to effectively access appropriate job seeker training needs and provide guidance
- Ability to analyse job requirements and effectively support job seekers and employers according to their needs
- Strong ability to build relationships with others, particularly employers
- Can work autonomously, use initiative and prioritise workload
- Show a high level of resilience and ability to remain calm and keep a positive attitude when responding to a range of situations.
- Hold a current and valid driver’s licence
- Knowledge and application of the Disability Employment Services (DES) contract DEED and guidelines is desirable but not essential
Why Choose Us
At MTC, you will have the opportunity to become a positive and lasting influence on someone’s life. The experiences, support, and training you gain here, will also help you grow as an individual and enhance your effect on the people we serve. At MTC, you can become the impact you imagine in your community.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and at MTC, you will be working in a diverse and inclusive environment. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Our core values of empathy, innovation, collaboration, and achievement, create a customer-centric culture that empowers us to do what it takes for our customers to know that they matter. A culture where we bring our individual and combined efforts to shape a society where everyone has the means and motivation to create a life of their choosing.
We recognise the importance of mental health and have an externally hosted Employee Assistance Program that provides our employees with confidential counselling, coaching, and leadership support for difficult life or work situations.
Join us if you are curious and self-aware, want to learn and grow, and are determined to do something that matters.
We also offer:
- Salary packaging and incentives
- Career and development opportunities
- Tailored Learning & Development
- Education Assistance Program
- Recognition and Reward scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Paid Parental leave
- COVID vaccination leave
Now is the time to act and be rewarded by making a difference to your community. To learn more about MTC and our opportunities, go to www.mtcaustralia.com.au
How to apply
Applications are being reviewed as they are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible with a resume and cover letter.
As part of our commitment to the safety of the children and vulnerable communities we work with, you will be required to undergo a Police Clearance, and Working with Children Check.
MTC is committed to the health and safety of our employees. MTC has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable medical exemptions. By applying for this role, if you secure employment with us, you will be required to comply with the policy.
As this role requires access to ESS Web and associated DESE systems, you will be required to set up a myGovID account.