|Location||CBD, Inner West, Eastern Suburbs|
|Salary||Competitive rates apply|
6 month contract
Local Government opportunity
MTC Recruitment have partnered with many Local Government bodies across the Sydney Metro network. We are currently looking for two Project Managers and one Project Administrative Assistant to join the team at Maroubra on a 6 month contract with the possibility of extension.
As the Project Manager you will:
- Prepare accurate technical reports/correspondence and provide sound technical advice
- Liaise with consultant and contractors, including preparation of briefs and consultation plans for consultants and to prepare timely and accurate project estimates
- Ensure compliance and legislative, industrial and Council policy requirements and standards are relevant to Work Health and Safety
- Manage projects through conception, design, documentation, tendering and construction stages ensuring compliance with relevant standards and specifications
- Prepare specifications, contracts, quotations, tender packages and evaluations in compliance with the Councils Purchasing Policy for external workers and service agreements to ensure the delivery of cost competitive services
- Facilitate the relevant community consultation process to identify community and stakeholder aspirations and needs for current and future usage and maintenance in the delivery of the building projects
- Prepare key information to assist the Councils Communications department in the preparation of media releases and written articles for publication in newspapers or presentations of for inclusion in public information domains
As the Project Administrator you will:
- Answer telephone and counter enquiries for Capital Works, the status of projects and work scheduling
- Preparing written correspondence including notification letters, meeting minutes and statements of work completion
- Collation of relevant information, including databases, from corporate systems for use by the Project Managers
- To utilise Council’s Corporate Systems in order to obtain all relevant and required information to support the Projects Team with project delivery
- Following payment reconciliation by the Project Managers, assist with Purchase Requisitions for works in accordance with Council’s procurement policy.
- To liaise with Council’s Contractors to obtain work schedules and progress reports and to update Council officers and customers as necessary
- Recording and filing of relevant information in Council’s systems and electronic document management system
This is a great opportunity to assist the community through your Local Council, and also offers the possibility of the contracts being extended depending on future projects. To register your interest, please apply now by sending your resume and cover letter in .WORD or .PDF format.