MTC is a not-for-profit organisation that aspires to shape a society where everyone has the means and motivation to create a life of their choosing. We deliver high impact employment, training, and youth programs that help people gain skills for employment and entrepreneurship, build self-worth, and enable possibilities for transformative change.
About the Role
Employability Skills Training (EST) is for people aged 15 years and over to increase their job readiness by identifying their transferable skills and better targeting their job search to local industries and employment opportunities. The program enhances work readiness by providing intensive pre-employment training through two different blocks of targeted training.
The trainer will provide tailored employability and skills training to participants in:
- Identifying existing skills and transferability to other jobs or industries.
- Exploring opportunities in the local job market, and relevant transferrable skills.
- Providing coaching in online job applications and establishing professional social media networks.
- Facilitating employer visits, workplace excursions and work placements.
The ideal applicant we are seeking will have:
- Relevant training and experience in providing career coaching and mentoring to people aged 15 years and over, with a focus on digital skills development, tailoring of resumes and cover letters, and job applications.
- A passion for delivering employability skills training and assisting job seekers to achieve their career aspirations.
- Must be available 5 days a week (Mon-Fri) and willing to travel to Sydney Metro.
Why Choose Us
At MTC, you will have the opportunity to become a positive and lasting influence on someone’s life. The experiences, support, and training you gain here, will also help you grow as an individual and enhance your effect on the people we serve. At MTC, you can become the impact you imagine in your community.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and at MTC, you will be working in a diverse and inclusive environment. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with lived experience of disability are welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. If there are reasonable adjustments to a recruitment process, role, or your work environment to help you, let us know.
Our core values of empathy, innovation, collaboration, and achievement, create a customer-centric culture that empowers us to do what it takes for our customers to know that they matter. A culture where we bring our individual and combined efforts to shape a society where everyone has the means and motivation to create a life of their choosing.
We recognise the importance of mental health and have an externally hosted Employee Assistance Program that provides our employees with confidential counselling, coaching, and leadership support for difficult life or work situations.
Join us if you are curious and self-aware, want to learn and grow, and are determined to do something that matters.
We also offer:
- Salary packaging and incentives
- Career and development opportunities
- Tailored Learning & Development
- Education Assistance Program
- Recognition and Reward scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Paid Parental leave
Now is the time to act and be rewarded by making a difference to your community. To learn more about MTC and our opportunities, go to www.mtcaustralia.com.au
How to apply
Applications are being reviewed as they are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible with a resume and cover letter.