MTC is a not-for-profit organisation that aspires to shape a society where everyone has the means and motivation to create a life of their choosing. We deliver high impact employment, training, and youth programs that help people gain skills for employment and entrepreneurship, build self-worth, and enable possibilities for transformative change.
About the Role
We are looking for someone to join our Vocational Education and Training team. Our Vocational Education and Training team in committed to provide knowledge and experience, passionate about supporting our clients to reach their potential, helping them gain practical skills and real-world experience
Reporting to the Instructional Design Manager, the First Aid Trainer will be responsible for delivery of First Aid and CPR, including the below units of competency:
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
The successful candidate will also be required to support our Instructional Design team in tailoring training and assessment content to meet the needs of industry, as well as the needs of our learners.
The ideal applicant we are seeking will have:
- Hold a current TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, or equivalent
- Have the relevant vocational competencies at least to the level being delivered and assessed or higher, as well as demonstrated industry currency
- Experience in working with diverse cohorts, including learners of varying age groups, as well as those with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrate current industry skills and experience directly relevant to the training/assessment being delivered
- Ability to motivate students and deliver engaging training
- Have strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment towards RTO administration and compliance requirements relevant to the role
- Actively engaging ongoing professional development in VET knowledge and skills, industry currency
- Understanding of assessment design principles and experience in content development highly desirable
Why Choose Us
At MTC, you will have the opportunity to become a positive and lasting influence on someone’s life. The experiences, support, and training you gain here, will also help you grow as an individual and enhance your effect on the people we serve. At MTC, you can become the impact you imagine in your community.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and at MTC, you will be working in a diverse and inclusive environment. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Our core values of empathy, innovation, collaboration, and achievement, create a customer-centric culture that empowers us to do what it takes for our customers to know that they matter. A culture where we bring our individual and combined efforts to shape a society where everyone has the means and motivation to create a life of their choosing.
We recognise the importance of mental health and have an externally hosted Employee Assistance Program that provides our employees with confidential counselling, coaching, and leadership support for difficult life or work situations.
Join us if you are curious and self-aware, want to learn and grow, and are determined to do something that matters.
We also offer:
- Salary packaging and incentives
- Career and development opportunities
- Tailored Learning & Development
- Education Assistance Program
- Recognition and Reward scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Paid Parental leave
- COVID vaccination leave
Now is the time to act and be rewarded by making a difference to your community. To learn more about MTC and our opportunities, go to www.mtcaustralia.com.au
How to apply
Applications are being reviewed as they are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible with a resume and cover letter.
As part of our commitment to the safety of the children and vulnerable communities we work with, you will be required to undergo a Police Clearance, and Working with Children Check.
MTC is committed to the health and safety of our employees. MTC has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable medical exemptions. By applying for this role, if you secure employment with us, you will be required to comply with the policy.