MTC is a not-for-profit organisation that aspires to shape a society where everyone has the means and motivation to create a life of their choosing. We deliver high impact employment, training, and youth programs that help people gain skills for employment and entrepreneurship, build self-worth, and enable possibilities for transformative change.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has become available in our People & Culture team, based at Marrickville with flexible work from home options for an effective HR & Payroll Co-ordinator.
Reporting to the Payroll & Systems Manager, this role will:
- Coordinate all payroll procedures for weekly and fortnightly payrolls.
- Provide support to the Payroll & Systems Manager and Business Partners.
- Assist hiring managers in their recruitment practices including management of job requisitions and pre-employment verifications.
- Develop, co-ordinate and maintain a range of HR documentation including employee contracts and employee soft-copy files.
- Develop regular HR and payroll reports.
- Support the project delivery of key HR and Payroll initiatives.
- Proactively build and maintain strong internal and external stakeholder relationships.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Relevant payroll and/or HR experience.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer service orientation.
- Strong organisation, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- HRIS experience preferably CHRIS21/iChris.
- The ability to demonstrate and role model MTC values.
Why choose us:
At MTC, you will have the opportunity to become a positive and lasting influence on someone’s life. The experiences, support, and training you gain here, will also help you grow as an individual and enhance your effect on the people we serve. At MTC, you can become the impact you imagine in your community.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and at MTC, you will be working in a diverse and inclusive environment. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Our core values of empathy, innovation, collaboration, and achievement, create a customer-centric culture that empowers us to do what it takes for our customers to know that they matter. A culture where we bring our individual and combined efforts to shape a society where everyone has the means and motivation to create a life of their choosing.
We recognise the importance of mental health and have an externally hosted Employee Assistance Program that provides our employees with confidential counselling, coaching, and leadership support for difficult life or work situations.
Join us if you are curious and self-aware, want to learn and grow, and are determined to do something that matters.
We also offer:
- Salary packaging and incentives
- Career and development opportunities
- Tailored Learning & Development
- Education Assistance Program
- Recognition and Reward scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Paid Parental leave
- COVID vaccination leave
Now is the time to act and be rewarded by making a difference to your community. To learn more about MTC and our opportunities, go to www.mtcaustralia.com.au
How to apply:
Applications are being reviewed as they are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible with a resume and cover letter.
As part of our commitment to the safety of the children and vulnerable communities we work with, you will be required to undergo a Police Clearance, and Working with Children Check.
MTC is committed to the health and safety of our employees. MTC has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable medical exemptions. By applying for this role, if you secure employment with us, you will be required to comply with the policy.