Are you looking for a new opportunity and would like a change. Then this could be the job you are looking for.
Our client is a beverage can expert with a thirst for creating new packaging solutions for their customers. They produce a significant amount of beverage cans every year. They produce beverage cans for many well-known brands In Australia and New Zealand.
They are looking for people to join their Primary Packaging division at a time of investment and growth.
They have an opportunity for an experienced Fitter. You will be working as an operator/fitter, and as an operator/fitter you will be rewarded with an attractive shift roster, competitive wages & Enterprise Agreement work conditions, longevity, and job security, overtime, and challenging opportunities.
Your primary job function will be to operate and maintain machinery, followed by repairs within the plant to produce high quality, low-cost product.
Reporting to the Team Leader, key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Ensure all Health, Safety & Environmental policies & procedures are adhered to.
- Develop effective relationships & collaborate with other Fitter Operators, Operators, Team Leaders, Production Manager and Engineering Manager to reach successful outcomes.
- Guarantee that all products manufactured comply with specification and meet customer satisfaction.
- Optimise performance by ensuring planned production and delivery times are met.
- Undertake repairs and general maintenance of machinery and plant equipment (reactive & preventative)
- Trouble shooting of repair and mechanical processes.
- Identify process improvement and carry out new project work design.
What you will bring to the team:
- Relevant trade qualification, Certificate III in Engineering (Mechanical Trade) or equivalent
- Solid experience working with a manufacturing environment and hands on experience operating machines.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work under pressure & attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a 24/7 operation and carry out shift work.
Hours per week: 7-day shift pattern, 6am to 6pm, 6pm to 6am, 2 x day shifts, 2 x night shifts, 4 days off.
Advantages: Overtime, generous rates of pay, all uniforms and PPE supplied, close to public transport/T-Way transport located at our back door, to join an organisation at a highly significant and progressive time and most importantly job security & career opportunities.
You must have Australian Trade Qualification and be a Permanent Resident of Australia.
If you believe you meet the above criteria, please press the APPLY button.