MTC is a not-for-profit organisation that aspires to shape a society where everyone has the means and motivation to create a life of their choosing. We deliver high impact employment, training, and youth programs that help people gain skills for employment and entrepreneurship, build self-worth, and enable possibilities for transformative change.
About the Role
Due to our recent success in the Workforce Australia (formerly Jobactive) tender, MTC has exciting opportunities for Recruitment Coaches to join our team in Sydney East Metro.
The Employment Services Division delivers a holistic program which assists and supports jobseekers in securing employment through case management, coaching, work skills training, pre-vocational training and job matching. We gain success through forming partnerships with key organisations in government, business and the wider community.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the Recruitment Coach will:
- Have an in-depth understanding of the local employment market with established relationships with external stakeholders such as employers and RTO’s to source employment opportunities.
- Proactively conduct employer engagement, which includes identifying and building strong relationships with employers and reverse marketing.
- Secure relevant local vacancies (that are aligned to caseload) and ensure these vacancies and opportunities are filled with the best possible candidates.
- Have a strong candidate knowledge of caseloads and collaborate with Employment Consultants to ensure jobs are aligned to customer skills.
- Partner with the Outcomes and Claims team to provide post-placement support for the customer and Employer as needed for 6 months after successfully placing a candidate.
- Build rapport with customer, understand their goals, progress, and circumstances.
- Ensure customers understand their obligations with respect to calls, job search and reporting.
The ideal applicant we are seeking will have:
- Extensive employment services experience with strong networks, or a minimum of two years local experience.
- Ability to identify opportunities for relationships with employers, identify vacancies and reverse market candidates.
- Ability to research, design, and present group sessions to enhance employability.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to forge effective partnership.
- Ability to identify barriers to employment and problem solve.
- Strong listening skills and an ability to handle challenging customer behaviour.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service excellence
- An enthusiasm for helping people from varied backgrounds
Why Choose Us
At MTC, you will have the opportunity to become a positive and lasting influence on someone’s life. The experiences, support, and training you gain here, will also help you grow as an individual and enhance your effect on the people we serve. At MTC, you can become the impact you imagine in your community.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and at MTC, you will be working in a diverse and inclusive environment. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Our core values of empathy, innovation, collaboration, and achievement, create a customer-centric culture that empowers us to do what it takes for our customers to know that they matter. A culture where we bring our individual and combined efforts to shape a society where everyone has the means and motivation to create a life of their choosing.
We recognise the importance of mental health and have an externally hosted Employee Assistance Program that provides our employees with confidential counselling, coaching, and leadership support for difficult life or work situations.
Join us if you are curious and self-aware, want to learn and grow, and are determined to do something that matters.
We also offer:
- Salary packaging and incentives
- Career and development opportunities
- Tailored Learning & Development
- Education Assistance Program
- Recognition and Reward scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Paid Parental leave
- COVID vaccination leave
Now is the time to act and be rewarded by making a difference to your community. To learn more about MTC and our opportunities, go to www.mtcaustralia.com.au
How to apply
Applications are being reviewed as they are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible with a resume and cover letter.
As part of our commitment to the safety of the children and vulnerable communities we work with, you will be required to undergo a Police Clearance and Working with Children Check.
MTC is committed to the health and safety of our employees. MTC has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable medical exemptions. By applying for this role, if you secure employment with us, you will be required to comply with the policy.