MTC is a social enterprise that enables people to overcome barriers on their path to meaningful work. We do this through the employment, mentoring and training programs we deliver. Each year we support over 20,000 people across NSW and QLD that are vulnerable and experiencing disadvantage with new skills, confidence and opportunities.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has become available for Employment Consultants (Health and Wellbeing Coach) to join our Employment Services team in South Brisbane, Toowong and Fortitude Valley on a contract until 30 June 2025.
Our Employment Services division is dedicated to generating opportunities that empower and encourage people to find gainful employment and make a positive contribution to their community. We deliver a holistic program which assists and supports jobseekers in securing employment through case management, coaching, work skills training, pre-vocational training and job matching. We gain success through forming partnerships with key organisations in government, business and the wider community.
Reporting to the Area Manager
- Manage a caseload of jobseekers with the objective of finding them suitable and sustainable employment through improving their capacity to work by addressing non-vocational and vocational barriers.
- Guide and support customers with non-vocational barriers through coaching, mentoring and connecting to additional community support.
- Partner with customers to ensure customers feel consulted and supported and have a plan that is tailored to their individual needs and goals.
- Utilise MTC external partnerships to develop co-case management strategies to support customers with intensive interventions.
- Refer customers to Allied Health team to support them in overcoming identified barriers.
- Support customers in finding work through sourcing vacancies and brokering introductions to employers.
- Build rapport with customer, understand their goals, progress, and circumstances including managing expectations.
- Show empathy, respect and understanding of the customers’ needs.
The ideal applicant we are seeking will have:
- Extensive case management experience.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to forge effective relationships with a wide range of key stakeholders.
- Strong positive problem solving, conflict resolution skills and mentoring and coaching ability.
- Strong listening skills and an ability to handle challenging customer behaviour.
Why Choose Us
At MTC, you will have the opportunity to become a positive and lasting influence on someone’s life.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and at MTC, you will be working in a diverse and inclusive environment. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with lived experience of disability are welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. If there are reasonable adjustments to a recruitment process, role, or your work environment to help you, let us know.
Our core values of empathy, innovation, collaboration, and achievement, create a customer-centric culture that empowers us to do what it takes for our customers to know that they matter.
We also offer:
- Salary packaging and incentives
- Career and development opportunities
- Tailored Learning & Development
- Education Assistance Program
- Recognition and Reward scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Monthly RDO
- Paid Parental leave
Now is the time to act and be rewarded by making a difference to your community. To learn more about MTC and our opportunities, go to www.mtcaustralia.com.au
How to apply
Applications are being reviewed as they are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible with a resume and cover letter.