The Opportunity Hub’s focus is to inspire young Aboriginal students to succeed in school and to actively plan for their future post school. Assisting students to successfully transition from school to sustainable work or further education will be central to the Hub’s operation.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career further within Youth Services with a program provider known for excellence in providing positive outcomes to young people and their communities.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Youth Services in the region.
- Further build and maintain effective relationships with all schools and non-school education and training providers in the region.
- Provide written progressive report to schools and referring organisations on client progress as directed.
- Maintain records.
- Qualifications in Welfare, Youth, Education or experience in a related field
- Extensive experience working with Aboriginal people and communities
- Experience working with at-risk young people and demonstrated understanding of issues facing young people at risk.
- Proven ability to meet outcomes and key performance indicators
- Ability to grow program/services that address social and economic disadvantage.
- Demonstrated experience measurably assisting disengaged young people to remain in school and or participate in further education.
- High level written and oral communication skills
- Current NSW Driver’s License and your own car
How to apply
Applications are being reviewed as they are received, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible with a resume and cover letter.
At MTC, we aspire to shape a society where everyone has the means and motivation to create a life of their choosing. We deliver high impact employment, training and youth programs that help people gain skills for employment and entrepreneurship, build self-worth, and enable possibilities for transformative change.
At MTC, you'll be working in an environment of inclusion; that aspires to reflect the diversity of the communities and customers we work with. Our Reconciliation Action Plan champions our vision for reconciliation - an Australia that values and embraces the unique cultures, contributions, perspectives, and strengths of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples.
As part of our commitment to the safety of the children and vulnerable communities we work with, you will be required to undergo a Police Clearance and Working with Children Check.
MTC is committed to the health and safety of our employees. MTC has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable medical exemptions. By applying for this role, if you secure employment with us, you will be required to comply with the policy.